8/13/11

Cement Mixer 1/3

   I have been slowly finishing up my weekend project. A 14 feet x 14 feet front patio project and because of my tight budget and busy schedule on weekends, I decided to do it one phase at a time. I mean do when whenever I have the time. This month, I will be leveling up the ground, a month after will be laying out hollow blocks around it, and so forth. I am doing it myself and if lucky enough, my daughter will lend her hand out. I have purchased all the materials needed awhile back and the only things needed are the equipment.  Lately I thought about buying a cement mixer. I thought about buying a used one from craigslist or just rent one from so called Home Depot.
   Well wait, they said necessity is the mother of innovation.  I have this small metal drum that has been lying around in my backyard and at one time was trying to get rid of it. There goes my idea. Why not build one from scratch from these common materials rusting in my backyard. I have this metal drum, a broken bike, some bed metal frames that has been collecting rust, and there you go...


Building cement mixer from a discarded metal drum using a kid's bike


   After completing this 6 hour project I decided for a trial. Not quite successful as expected. Unstable, it wobbles by just looking at it. More changes next week, it's getting dark now.